The Ultimate Mat's patented design guarantees that your prints will never slip. They are a top loading, heavyweight bevel cut mat with a unique slide and lock design. They allow you to easily slide in your print and lock it in place but they are also completely re-usable. Simply slide out the print and you're ready to use the mat again. The Ultimate Mats are recommended for use in all Premium folio boxes. They can also be purchased separately in packs of 20.
About the board:
The mats have a white core throughout and are made from a professional Archival board, which conforms to the Fine Art Guild requirements for Conservation (Level 2). The core is made from alpha cellulose fibres, featuring a soft, natural, white colour that will remain white. Each board is alkaline-sized, acid-free and calcium carbonate buffered for enhanced durability and longevity. Being conservation quality, boards are lignin-free with no optical brighteners. Cover papers are colourfast, resillient and bleed-resistant. The front board is the same as the back board giving it a really top end look and feel.
Mats are available in 7 print sizes:
10 x 7 (Overall Size of Mat: 14 x 11)
10 x 8 (Overall Size of Mat: 14 x 11)
12 x 8 (Overall Size of Mat: 14 x 11)
7 x 5 (Overall Size of Mat: 10 x 8)
8 x 6 (Overall Size of Mat: 10 x 8)
The mats are available in 3 colours: Black, White and Ivory
All mats are derived from wood. They are a natural product and therefore they can take on or lose moisture based on humidity and temperature.
To keep your mats in perfect condition please take note of these care instructions:
- Store mats in their original box
- Keep mats flat when stored
- Store in a cool, dry environment, away from direct sunlight
- When using mats on a reveal wall, only add them to the wall when necessary - don't leave them on the wall overnight or for extended periods of time
- If you have mats on display you should lay them flat each night
Using the Ultimate Mat:
- Always start on a flat surface – both your mat & print should be laid flat
- Position the print and slide in from the top of the mat
- Use two hands to keep the print straight while inserting (gloves can help avoid fingerprints on your prints)
- As your print nears the bottom of the mat, hold the bottom of the mat down to 'lock' the print in place (there's no need to lift the bottom when sliding the print down)
- To release the print & re-use the mat, simply release from the top by lifting the top up
HOW TO USE THE ULTIMATE MAT